Idea Foundry has developed Soft Landings services to assist in the process of relocating, launching, or opening a new U.S. company from foreign innovation in Pittsburgh. Idea Foundry was recognized as an InBIA-designated Soft Landings site in 2019. The Soft Landings services are the last of 3 tiers of services which comprise the Impact Globalizer program; for information on the other tiers visit the Explore and Navigate pages. Through Idea Foundry’s leadership an extensive network of relationships and resources exist to support a wide range of service offerings completely tailored to the needs of the business. The needs of each business opportunity are very diverse, so our program length ranges from 6 months - 1 year and services may include:
1. Assistance with accommodations for Working in Pittsburgh
- Assistance with finding housing accommodations in Pittsburgh, both temporary and permanent, through our partners
2. Assistance with Legal Requirements for Working in Pittsburgh
- Connections to an immigration and/or business lawyer for help with immigration, visa applications, and/or entity registration
- Assistance on legal documentation, local regulation compliance, IP protection, obtaining government licenses, etc.
- Guidance on import and export processes
3. Assistance in Team development and recruitment
4. Assistance in American Acculturation and Acclamation
- Translation and interpretation services (for select languages)
- Access to resources for immigrants including language training, professional networking, support services, and more
- Guidance on American culture and business practices
5. Business Development & Expansion Services
- Assistance in local marketing, branding and social media.
- Connections to Idea Foundry’s network of business professionals, entrepreneurs, and researchers
- General business strategy and market acces from Idea Foundry, with over 16 years’ experience commercializing innovation and supporting business growth in the region