The objective of the Global Innovation Bridge Program is to catalyze innovation adoption, transfer, and impact by directly developing innovator-innovator, innovator-business, and business-business collaborations.
Prior to the creation of each program, Idea Foundry seeks institutional partners outside the U.S. to determine focus areas and criteria to develop a unique program which matches the priorities of the foreign city/country and Pittsburgh. Together with our in-country partner, Idea Foundry conducts a competitive application and evaluation process to select applicants.
What does the program include?
1. Organization of group and individual meetings with Pittsburgh stakeholders including entrepreneurs, university faculty, industry leaders, and more based on the interest areas of the participants
2. Collaborative work-space in Idea Foundry’s office for the length of the program, as a home base to meet, work together, or handle daily work individually.
3. Individualized guidance from the Idea Foundry team to help you grow your impact and support international innovation exchange and collaboration
4. Cultural and language immersion in the U.S. through group tours and participation in networking and cultural activities.
5. Optional arrangement of program accommodations in hotels and Homestays with local Pittsburgh families through our local partners.
Between its steel city history and flourishing innovation ecosystem today, Pittsburgh offers a glimpse of real American culture as well as a unique culture all of its own. It is the home of renowned universities, the birthplace of disruptive startups and technologies, and offices of tech giants such as Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Uber, as well as many cultural amenities including museums, parks, theaters, and diverse neighborhoods with cultures all their own.